Life and Culture
Horneck Castle is situated high above the banks of the river Neckar. From its terrace you have a wonderful view over the historic town centre of Gundelsheim as well as over Guttenberg Castle (with its famous falconry) and over the scenery of the Neckar valley with the so-called Heavenly Realm - an historic terraced vineyard built by the congregation of the Teutonic Order.
A journey in time leads us through the twists and turns of the eventful history of Horneck Castle.
Transylvanian Heritage and Community Centre
Horneck Castle is a Transylvanian Saxon heritage centre which invites you to gather, enjoy, browse, learn and experience:
- Heritage and Community Centre: a multitude of cultural events awaits you in the Baroque Hall, the historic conference rooms or in the moat.
- Transylvanian Saxonian Museum: with its 22.000 exhibits this is the largest collection of Transylvanian Saxonian artefacts outside Romania.
- Transylvanian Saxonian Institute:
- an internationally networked research centre
- a library with 87.000 media items and the largest collection of Transylvanian objects west of Budapest
- the most significant archive for the culture and history of Transylvanian Saxons in Germany: 1.500 meters of archive records, literary remains, archive of imagery and sound recordings.
Celebrations, Meetings and more
The spacious complex of Horneck Castle offers the perfect setting for many occasions:
- as a special backdrop for festive weddings, large family celebrations, company parties or class reunions
- as an unusual venue for lectures, conferences and seminars
- as a stage for readings, concerts, cabaret or theatre
- as an exciting location for films, photo shooting and fashion photos.
A stately and unique atmosphere awaits you within the historic walls of the former castle of the Teutonic Order.
25 spacious, listed bedrooms and an elegant breakfast and meeting room with a view over the vineyard on the Neckar known as the Heavenly Realm, contribute to the enjoyment of our guests.
Rooms for almost every Occasion
- Baroque Hall
- Art Nouveau Hall
- three seminar rooms in Baroque style
- breakfast and meeting room
- the castle as a backdrop.